YOGA TEACHER TRAINING: LEVEL 1Level 1 - 200 Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
Initiate your journey into sharing the gift of yoga, whether it’s with friends and family, in front of a classroom or more deeply with yourself. UYTT emphasizes regular physical practice as a gateway to self-reflection and growth. Many trainees experience life-changing lessons that allow them to show up more fully as a student of life and a teacher of yoga.
Our goal is to prepare you for sharing yoga in the way that best suits you. Over the course of the training, you will find your unique voice and receive thoughtful and constructive feedback to fine-tune your teaching skills. We spend many hours in applying what you've learned in a practical way, by teaching. By the end, you will be able to teach a full class safely and confidently.
The training meets the requirements set by Yoga Alliance for a 200-hour RYT certification. By completing, you will be able to register with YA and seek employment as a full or part-time teacher.
|Saturdays||12 - 7 pm||(Uptown location)|
|Sundays||12:30 - 5 pm||(Uptown location)|
Every Other Friday 6 - 9 pm (Zoom)
January 20 - April 14, 2024
**This training will be in person. Each trainee is allowed to make up any absences of scheduled hours by doing Online training assignments.
Training will include study in:
- Basic anatomy and how it applies to yoga
- Meditation and Pranayama (breath exercises)
- Philosophy, Yoga Sutras and Ayurveda
- Energetic study of the body: Chakras
- Self -Study: building communication skills
- Asana: modifications, intensifications, adjustments
- Hands-on Assisting
- Yoga as a business
- Seva: Selfless service
Included in Training:
- Unlimited classes @ Uptown Yoga during the training months.
- Free online classes from registration date to end of training.
- Lifetime access to online learning community from time of registration.
“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”
-William A. Ward.