Develop Inner Strength by Doing Yoga Every Day
June 27, 2019
Almost every day we’re faced with different problems which may leave us feeling stressed, helpless, and exhausted. When our energy is depleted, we may not be able to deal with our daily activities as efficiently as we’re supposed to. We may be flooded with a mixture of emotions and have a tense neck and body, which leads to an unproductive life.
To strengthen our inner self, practicing daily yoga can help. Yoga is so much more than a physical exercise. Daily yoga practice promotes a peaceful mind and better breathing techniques which are beneficial in stress management. There are certain yoga poses that can help to develop our inner strength. More than just a core workout, these poses help to restore ourselves.
Tune into your body and try these yoga poses daily.
- Be in all fours: your knees and palms facing down.
- Extend your left arm as you extend your right leg backward in a straight line while inhaling.
- Draw your right knee and left arm inwards toward your stomach as you exhale.
- Repeat this sequence 5 times before changing to the other side.
- Sit your butt on your heels.
- Drop your left hand to the floor.
- Reach as far as you can from your body and feel the stretch, while you drop your head to your shoulders.
- Use your right arm to reach over your head.
- After you feel the stretch, change sides and repeat.
- Start with a forearm plank.
- Hold your plank for 30 seconds.
- Rest and repeat for 60 seconds.
- Change to a side plank.
- Hold your side plank for 30 seconds.
- Rest and repeat for 60 seconds
During your side plank, make sure your palm is rooted to the ground. Modify using your forearm on the ground when needed.
Practice yoga daily and experience the benefits of routine practice. If you’re looking for somewhere to practice yoga in Dallas, Texas, we welcome you to practice with us at Uptown Yoga.
Find our latest class schedule here.