YOGA TEACHER TRAINING: LEVEL 1Level 1 - 200 Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
Initiate your journey into sharing the gift of yoga, whether it’s with friends and family, in front
of a classroom or more deeply with yourself. UYTT emphasizes a regular physical practice as a gateway to self reflection and growth. Many trainees experience life changing lessons that allow them to show up more fully as a student of life and a teacher of yoga.
Our goal is to prepare you for sharing yoga in the way that best suits you. Over the course of the training you will find your unique voice and receive thoughtful and constructive feedback to fine tune your teaching skills. We spend many hours in applying what you’ve learned in a practical way, by teaching. By the end, you will be able to teach a full class safely and confidently.
The training meets the requirements set by Yoga Alliance for a 200 hour RYT certification. By completing, you will be able to register with YA and seek employment as a full or part-time teacher.
|12:00 - 7pm
Every Other Friday 6- 9pm (Uptown location Or via Zoom)
Jan 20 - April 14
Training will include study in:
- Basic anatomy and how it applies to yoga
- Meditation and Pranayama (breath exercises)
- Philosophy, Yoga Sutras and Ayurveda
- Energetic study of the body: Chakras
- Self -Study: building communication skills
- Asana: modifications, intensifications, adjustments
- Hands on Assisting
- Yoga as a business
- Seva: Selfless service
Included in Training:
- Uptown Yoga Integrated Vinyasa Teacher Training Manual.
- Unlimited classes in all studios during training dates.
- Unlimited Online Classes from time of registration to end of training.
- Access to online training community from time of registration.
“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”
-William A. Ward.