TEACHER TRAININGUYTT: Level 2 Teacher Training: 300 Hours
PROGRAM DATES AND TIMES
|Friday||05:30 - 9:00 PM||Uptown Studio|
|Saturday||01:00 - 7:00 PM||Uptown Studio|
|Saturday||10:30 - 7:00 PM||Uptown Studio|
Anatomy, Sequencing & Theming 1- Folding Inwards
- Develop a deep understanding of the anatomy of a forward fold and the Myofascial Meridian of the
superficial back line.
- Be able to sequence and teach forward folds and pike family poses into advanced asanas.
- Understand the subtle body foundational aspect of forward folds and create knowledgeable themes
for classes and workshops
- Skillfully teach forward folds in Deep Stretch and Restorative practices.
- Learn how to use props to enhance and modify forward folds for a variety of students.
Anatomy, Sequencing & Theming 2- Lift the Heart
- Develop a deep understanding of the physiology of spinal extension, the anatomy of the two main
types of backbends, and the Myofascial Meridian of the Deep Front Line, the Superficial Front Line
and Arm Lines.
- Identify where the common patterns of restrictions come from. Gain tools to work with these
restrictions and teach students to evolve into complex and advanced poses.
- Understand the subtle body energy of backbends and deep shoulder opening and use it as a
foundation to sequence and theme classes and workshops.
- Skillfully teach backbends and shoulder openers in Deep Stretch and Restorative practices.
- Learn how to use props to assist and enhance in shoulder opening for a a variety of students.
Anatomy, Sequencing & Theming 3- Flow From the Hips
- Develop a deep understanding of the six functions of the hip, hip anatomy, and the Myofascial
Meridian of the Lateral Body Line.
- Understand where common patterns of restriction come from and what variables may enhance range
of motion so that you may skillfully, and safely, guide students into a practice of more advanced
- Understand the energetic make up of the hip and how to use it’s many aspects as a foundation for
theming classes and workshops.
- Skillfully teach hip openers to all levels of students in Deep Stretch and Restorative practices.
- Learn how to creatively use props to assist in deep hip opening.
Anatomy, Sequencing & Theming 4- Twist & Bind
- Develop a deep understanding of the mechanics and anatomy of lateral spinal flexion and spinal
rotation, and understand the Myofascial Meridian of the Lateral Line.
- Know how the breath, the pelvis and the spine work in twists.
- Understand the subtle energy of twists and binds and use as a foundation for theming classes and
- Skillfully teach a variety of twists and binds in Deep Stretch and Restorative practices as well as
- Learn how to use props to enhance and modify twists and binds for a variety of students.
Anatomy, Sequencing & Theming 5- On Your Hands
- Deep understanding of the anatomy of how the arm and shoulder work for arm balances.
- Understand the components of the core and strength of the TvA, hip flexors and the back play a role
in arm balances, handstands and handstand presses.
- Understand the bhandas and how they play a key role in arm balancing
- Learn foundational patterns that support steady arm balances for the long term.
- Theme and sequence arm balances into advanced practices, as well as, a beginner practice.
- Skillfully learn the use of props for arm balancing for a variety of students.
The Art of Intentional Touch
- Refining your skills of observation and develop effective techniques for more advanced hands-on
assists in both privates and group classes.
- Understand the difference of active assisted stretching and passive stretching.
- Learn the energetics of nadis and essential marma points and which assists access them effectively.
- Learn when hands on assisting is contraindicated and understand the concept of informed consent.
- Gain an understanding of the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy.
- Learn sequencing and the essential components of a prenatal specific yoga class.
- Address the common discomforts of pregnancy with specific yoga postures, breathing, and
- Adapt and modify group classes to accommodate pregnant women.
Ayurveda & Yoga
- Learn more about The Samkhya System of Philosophy and the ancient texts where both yoga and
Ayurveda come from.
- Understand the six classical forms of yoga.
- Know and be able to teach to the subtle qualities of the elements, the vayus, and the doshas.
- Skillfully teach poses, pranayama, and meditation for the balancing of each dosa and season.
Meditation & Mindfulness
- Understand the history, meaning and purpose of meditation.
- Get introduced to Mindfulness Meditation (foundations, pillars and practices).
- Learn how to incorporate mindfulness into yoga classes.
Lifting the Veil - Subtle Energy
- Develop a deeper understanding of the koshas and an embodiment of the chakra system.
- Be able to work with the 8 limbs of yoga to cleanse the koshas.
- Learn a variety of pranayama techniques, and understand their effects and when to use them.
- Get to know a variety of mudras, mantras and traditional yogic chants, their significance, and how to
utilize them as prayer and ritual.
- Understand how to skillfully teach into the three realms of consciousness- physical, causal, and astral.
Seva & Sutras - Yoga Off the Mat
- Deepen the understanding of Yamas & Niyamas with modern interpretations.
- Learn a variety of techniques to teach yoga in non-traditional settings and to non-traditional students.
- Understand the 4 archetypes of students and how to teach to each of them.
- Develop tools to hold a sacred space and create safe container for students.
- Learn the ethics, diversity, and social justice issues around non-violent communication, and grow more
inclusive and compassionate class verbiage.
Voice & Action- Find Your Purpose
- Develop a personal understanding of yourself and how you filter life and information.
- Connect with your personal Dharma, Artha, Kama, and Moksha.
- Understand the kleshas and samskaras that are the obstacles in progression of your Dharma.
- Hone a class building skill set and voice that is unique to you.
- Learn the business aspects of yoga including writing workshops and retreats, while exploring our
relationship to money.
- Become an effective presenter and showcase the passion project close to your heart.
- Share new found wisdom in an authentic way.
- Learn to accept and give both praise and constructive criticism gracefully.
Paid in Full: $4500
Payment Plan: $1200 Down + $300/mo for 12 months ($4800)
- Online Anatomy Course (Registration Fees Included) with homework and discussion questions that will
be turned in online and discussed in class - 15 hours
- Monthly Skype Sessions - (times tbd by group) - 13 hours
- Create Final Project - 10 hours minimum
- Assist 12 studio classes at UY with lead teachers (set up after Assisting module) - 12 hours
- Homework of journaling assignments and writing short classes to practice teach to group - 17 hours
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga by David Keil
- The Female Pelvis by Blandine Calais-Germain
- Yoga & Ayurveda by David Frawley
- Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchinanda
- A Guide to Yoga Wisdom Beyond the Mat by Kelly DiNardo and Amy Pearce-Hayden
Wondering if the course is right for you? Email email@example.com
*UY Teacher Training programs are Yoga Alliance Certified. Graduates of this program that are RYT 200, are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT 500.
“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”
-William A. Ward.