YOGA TEACHER TRAINING: LEVEL 2UYTT: Level 2 Teacher Training: 300 Hours
Already a 200 hour yoga teacher and ready to take your yoga teaching to the next level? Our 300 hour Advanced Studies Yoga Teacher Training is an opportunity for you to deepen your practice, gain new teaching tools and confidently grow your unique offering. We have a team of highly experienced instructors ready to share their knowledge in the subjects they are most passionate about. The course is split up into easily digestible modules.
One comprehensive program, one weekend a month for 13 months.
See our 200 Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training before
PROGRAM DATES AND TIMES
|Friday||06:00 - 09:00 PM||on Zoom|
|Saturday||12:00 - 07:00 PM||Uptown Studio|
|Sunday||11:00 - 07:00 PM||Austin Ranch Studio|
Teacher Training Dates:
March 30-April 2
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING MODULES:
Anatomy, Sequencing & Theming 1- Folding Inwards
- Develop a deep understanding of the anatomy of a forward fold, the Myofascial Meridian of the
Superficial Back Line, and the coordinating Chinese meridians.
- Understand the philosophical and subtle body aspects of forward folds and create knowledgeable
themes for classes and workshops.
- Be able to sequence and teach forward folds and pike family poses into advanced asanas.
- Skillfully teach forward folds in Deep Stretch and Restorative practices.
- Learn how to use props to enhance and modify forward folds for a variety of students.
Anatomy, Sequencing & Theming 2- Lift the Heart
- Develop a deep understanding of the physiology of spinal extension, the anatomy of the two main
types of backbends, the Myofascial Meridians of the Deep Front Line, the Superficial Front Line and
Arm Lines as well as the coordinating Chinese Meridians.
- Understand the philosophical aspects and subtle body energy of backbends and deep shoulder
opening; and use it as a foundation to sequence and theme classes and workshops.
- Gain tools to work with common patterns of restriction and teach students to evolve into complex and
- Skillfully teach backbends and shoulder openers in Deep Stretch and Restorative practices.
- Learn how to use props to assist and enhance in shoulder opening for a a variety of students.
Anatomy, Sequencing & Theming 3- Flow From the Hips
- Develop a deep understanding of the six functions of the hip, hip anatomy, and the Myofascial
Meridian of the Lateral Body Line and coordinating Chinese meridian.
- Understand where common patterns of restriction come from and what variables may enhance range
of motion so that you may skillfully, and safely, guide students into a practice of more advanced
- Understand the philosophical and subtle energy of the hip and how to use its many aspects as a
foundation for theming classes and workshops.
- Skillfully teach hip openers to all levels of students in Deep Stretch and Restorative practices.
- Learn how to creatively use props to assist in deep hip opening.
Anatomy, Sequencing & Theming 4- Twist & Bind
- Develop a deep understanding of the mechanics and anatomy of lateral spinal flexion and spinal
rotation, and understand the Myofascial Meridian of the Spiral Line and coordinating Chinese
- Understand the philosophical and subtle energy of twists and binds and use as a foundation for
theming classes and workshops.
- Skillfully teach a variety of twists and binds in Deep Stretch and Restorative practices as well as
- Learn how to use props to enhance and modify twists and binds for a variety of students.
Anatomy, Sequencing & Theming 5- On Your Hands
- Develop a deep understanding of the anatomy of how the arm and shoulder work for arm balances.
- Understand the components of the core, hip flexors and the back and their role in arm balances and
- Understand the bhandas and how they play a key role in arm balancing.
- Theme and sequence arm balances into advanced practices, as well as, a beginner practice.
- Skillfully learn the use of props for arm balancing for a variety of students.
The Art of Intentional Touch
- Refining your skills of observation and develop effective techniques for more advanced hands-on
assists in both privates and group classes.
- Understand the difference of active assisted stretching and passive stretching.
- Learn the energetics of meridians, nadis and marma points and which assists access them effectively.
- Learn when hands on assisting is contraindicated and understand the concept of informed consent.
- Gain an understanding of the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy.
- Learn sequencing and the essential components of a prenatal specific yoga class.
- Address the common discomforts of pregnancy with specific yoga postures, breathing, and
- Adapt and modify group classes to accommodate pregnant women.
Ayurveda & Yoga Nidra
- Learn Sankhya Philosophy and the Six Systems where both yoga and Ayurveda come from.
- Know and be able to teach to the subtle qualities of the elements, the vayus, and the doshas.
- Skillfully teach poses, pranayama, and meditation to balance each doshas and the seasons.
- Learn the philosophy and aims of Yoga Nidra and how to lead a variety of practices with specific
Meditation & the Mind
- Understand the history, meaning and purpose of meditation.
- Get introduced to Mindfulness Meditation (foundations, pillars and practices).
- Learn how to incorporate mindfulness into yoga classes.
- Understand the science of the mind and the yoga’s psychological benefits.
Lifting the Veil - Subtle Energy
- Develop a deeper understanding of the koshas and an embodiment of the chakra system.
- Be able to work with the 8 limbs of yoga to cleanse the koshas.
- Learn a variety of pranayama techniques, and understand their effects and when to use them.
- Get to know a variety of mudras, mantras and traditional yogic chants, their significance, and how to
utilize them as prayer and ritual.
- Understand how to skillfully teach into the three realms of consciousness- physical, causal, and astral.
Yoga Off the Mat - History, Philosophy and Service
- Learn the long history of yoga and gain knowledge of the Mahabharata, Bhagavad Gita, the Ramayana
other classic texts.
- Deepen the understanding of Yoga Sutras with modern interpretations.
- Learn a variety of techniques to teach yoga in non-traditional settings and to non-traditional students.
- Understand the 4 archetypes of students and how to teach to each of them.
- Develop tools to hold a sacred space and create safe container for students.
- Learn the ethics, diversity, and social justice issues around non-violent communication, and grow more
inclusive and compassionate class verbiage.
Business & Dharma
- Develop a personal understanding of yourself, how you filter life and information, and explore your
relationship to money.
- Connect with your personal Dharma and the four pillars of yoga life.
- Hone a class building skill set and voice that is unique to you.
- Learn the business aspects of yoga including social media, video recording, and writing workshops and
Voice & Action
- Showcase your Final Project, a passion project close to your heart.
- Become an effective presenter.
- Share new found wisdom in an authentic way.
- Learn to accept and give both praise and constructive criticism gracefully.
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PRICING OPTIONS:
Paid in Full: $4500
Payment Plan: $1200 Down + $300/mo for 12 months ($4800)
- Online Anatomy Course (Registration Fees Included) with homework and discussion questions that will
be turned in online and discussed in class - 15 hours
- Quarterly Zoom Sessions of philosophy/book discussion - (times tbd by group) - 10 hours
- Create Final Project - 16 hours minimum
- Assist 12 studio classes at UY with lead teachers - 12 hours
- Homework of journaling assignments and writing short classes to practice teach to group - 18 hours
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga by David Keil
- The Female Pelvis by Blandine Calais-Germain
- Yoga & Ayurveda by David Frawley
- Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchinanda
- A Guide to Yoga Wisdom Beyond the Mat by Kelly DiNardo and Amy Pearce-Hayden
- Yoga of the Subtle Body by Tias Little
Wondering if the course is right for you? Email [email protected]
*UY Teacher Training programs are Yoga Alliance Certified. Graduates of this program that are RYT 200, are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT 500.
“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”
-William A. Ward.